| Home | About | DIY | Recipes | Style |

Thursday, July 31, 2008

So. Funny.

I've been hearing a lot about various and sundry midnight release parties for Breaking Dawn lately. At the moment, I'm not planning on attending any of them, but I am hoping to get the book fairly soon thereafter. If any of you are planning on going to one...well...let me know.

If I were going to a midnight release party, I think I would have to go to the BYU Bookstore's. Not only are they doing a book release party, but they're also doing a blood drive.

Yes, a blood drive, for a vampire novel. I'm still laughing about it now. Genius.

7 comments:

  1. Haha..blood drive. Nice--well, I know I won't be going to that one. Two Reasons: 1 - I don't live in Provo anymore. 2 - Last time I gave blood I fainted (and in the bathroom of all places....okay...yeah I was on the toilet too.) I thought you might like that too, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's awesome. If I was going to be here tonight, that would have convinced me to go. I have the book pre-ordered, so I'll just sit at home and wait for it to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you get your book? if you did, did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica and I went to the Borders book release "party". It was just a lot of odd people anxiously waiting. We were 493 of about 1500 so we didn't have that long of a wait. I wondered why all those people looked like they had given blood. I guess they really had. Hope you enjoy the book.
    Love,ALLEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I had gone to a party...i had to wait until tues to get my book...now it's finished. what am i going to do now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girls and I and a bunch of friends went to a Borders release party. It was kind of fun to be around a ton of people all excited to read the same book. No blood drive though. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete