| Home | About | DIY | Recipes | Style |

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day Four: Channel Someone

Today's prompt was to channel someone...and I couldn't think of it for the life of me.  Disney princesses were mentioned...and so I picked Belle, who was always my favorite growing up.
Blue, white, something twisty with the hair, and ballet flats.  I mean, Belle is the reason I started wearing ballet flats as an adult...I added a yellow belt as an homage to her other, more famous outfit and this is what I came up with:

Outside pictures (Barely...they're in my stairwell...and I ran inside as soon as I saw my neighbor coming home). 
As I got dressed, I was looking through my shoes, trying to pick the right flats, and I saw my floppy boots.  Then I thought, "What if Belle and Gaston had gotten together and had some sort of weird fashion baby?"  That would be this outfit.  So, no flats, but slouchy boots instead.  I think he's also where the skinny jeans come in.  Once I put on my red coat to walk to playgroup, the whole thing really changed mostly to just Gaston.

I did not, however, eat 5 dozen eggs this morning.  I would prefer to avoid being "roughly the size of a barge" if possible.

Go and link up with Kayla!

8 comments:

  1. So fun how you channeled Belle and Gaston in the same day. The breakfast comment made me smile :)

    Courtney
    wearingwhatiwant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! especially the weird fashion baby comment. (:

    belle was always my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! The outfits, the writing, the beautiful you! Oh, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I love the inspiration! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute inspiration! Love your blue cardigan!

    See Me Rwar

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cracked me up. I love you Miss Micoe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL on the egg thing! This is adorable, love the idea. Are you from Chitown??

    ReplyDelete