| Home | About | DIY | Recipes | Style |

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Enchanted

Nate and I went to see this movie this morning, and it was actually a lot of fun. It's hokey, and cheesy, but funny. For all of us girls who grew up in the Disney Princess Generation, it's a fun look at the crossover between fantasy and real life. I recommend going and seeing it...but maybe at a dollar theater if possible. There are other movies that I would rather pay full price to see, and, since we saw this one for free (with free popcorn!) I can say that it was definitely worth it.

Also, for lunch we had some quesadillas that I made that went way beyond where quesadillas usually go. In my opinion, they are delicious, albiet entirely unhealthy. For your possible eating pleasure, I present:

The Ultimate Quesadilla
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 package (8 oz) of Cream Cheese (or the 1/3 less fat kind with the name I can't pronounce)
1 chicken breast, cubed
1/2 white onion, diced
tortillas, with butter on one side
sour cream
cheddar cheese, shredded
tomatoes, diced

Take the chicken breast and cook in a pan until done with your favorite seasonings, then add onion and cook until translucent.
In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, corn, and black beans.
Once the onions and chicken are cooked, add to the cream cheese mixture.
Take your buttered tortilla and place in frying pan with the butter side down, add about 2/3 cup of the cream cheese mixture to the inside of the tortilla, fold in half, and let it cook until the tortilla is brown on the bottom. Flip, and cook the other side to desired brownness (this only takes about 30 seconds, depending on the heat of your burner).

Once cooked, add a dollop of sour cream to the top, and sprinkle with tomato cubes and cheddar cheese. Eat and enjoy.

Seriously, I know this isn't good for you...but it's sooo tasty. Besides, all the veggies in it make that ok, right?

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely pay full price to see that movie again! I LOVED it! I say, if you like a good love story, it's worth it to pay full price. Yes, it is corny and cheesy, but what movie isn't these days? -Karly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Enchanted was a lot of fun. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's my favorite non-Pixar Disney movie in quite a while.

    Also, feel free to make food for me any time you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free popcorn? What?! I missed it?

    ReplyDelete