| Home | About | DIY | Recipes | Style |

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pattern Mixing

I worked until 1:00 this morning, and then had to wake up before 7 so that I could help a friend out...This is the face that happens when I have days like today.
Top: Old Navy, Skirt: Made it Myself

Pattern mixing is another HUGE no-no for me. Nate is much more progressive in this. A couple of summers ago he was wearing a striped shirt and some plaid shorts. To my shame, I laughed at the combination. Apparently, he's a man ahead of his time.

See? Stripes plus pattern. Still don't know if this'll make a regular incorporation into my fashion life...but here it is today.

4 comments:

  1. I was looking at your blog and George glanced over and said "I want to see the Chacos!" So I scrolled back up so he could see our feet.

    Also, I think you're doing a great job with the fashion challenge. I'm very impressed with all your thrifting/sewing of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *your* feet, forgot it was a cropped photo. But you can still see a sliver of my foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the no pattern mixing rule is still too ingrained in my head- it still looks a little funny to me. Yours in one of the most successful pairings!

    I adore your skirt! It is SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, I never thought about pattern-mixing before I started blogging, and it's something you encounter so much in the blogosphere that I never realize it's a rule-breaking thing.

    That being said, I think you did great! That skirt is super fun, and you can never go wrong with stripes and floral.

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete