| Home | About | DIY | Recipes | Style |

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Super Delicious Banana Bread

Genuine reaction to eating it.

I found myself with 4 extremely ripe bananas yesterday, and so, clearly, they needed to become banana bread.  I started trolling pinterest, and all the recipes looked good, but so....fancy.  Fancy wasn't what I was going for.  I resorted to googling "Best Ever Banana Bread" and was led to All Recipes, which I have a love/hate relationship with.  Usually, the things that I've made from there are good, and the recipes are simple.  The ratings are where I get frustrated.  It seems like every comment on the recipes says "This recipe is SOOOOOOO good!!!!!! I added 3 cups of sugar, cut out all the oil, substituted in half a cow, and turned it into meatloaf instead of banana bread, but seriously, 5 Starzzzz!!!!!!"


I'm pretty sure when you change the recipe drastically, you can't rate the original recipe based on whatever came out of your oven.  

So, rather than rate a recipe that I changed drastically, I'll just throw another banana bread recipe up on the internet.  


Oooh, it's banana bread that looks just like all the other banana breads!
Super Delicious Banana Bread

4 very ripe bananas
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil (this could easily be cut to 1/2 cup)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 cups oats
2 1/2 cups of sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, grease pans. (2 regular bread loaves, or 8 mini loaves, or 4 mini and one regular...you can figure it out.)

Peel the bananas, place them in the bowl of a mixer with the eggs, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Mix on medium-high until really well combined.

 In a blender, put in the 2 cups of oats.  Pulse a few times until the oats resemble flour.  Add in sugar, baking soda, and salt, and flour and pulse a few times to mix the dry ingredients well.  Add all the dry ingredients into the bowl of the mixer, and mix until everything is just combined.  Be careful not to over-mix.  Make enough batter for 2 large loaves, of 4 mini loaves and a large loaf.    Once you've poured your batter in, sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, and stir it a little bit right in the bread pan.  Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on the type of pan you use.
Then I kept trying to take more pictures...she got tired of it.  Also, she does wear other shirts...but this is her Valentine's Shirt

2 comments:

  1. I have the same trouble with All Recipes... every single comment seems to adds or takes away something from the recipe.

    This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some bananas right now that need to be bread. I want to try this recipe! I love Katie's Valentine shirt! Mom M

    ReplyDelete