| Home | About | DIY | Recipes | Style |

Thursday, September 13, 2007

This one's for you Kayla...

After such glowing compliments as can be found here, I could hardly go without blogging. I guess I should finally respond to the tag you gave me for that meme earlier.

8 Random Facts
1. I am currently majoring in History Teaching and Minoring in Physics Teaching. I originally started the physics teaching minor because I just really enjoyed physics. I soon realized that I wasn't all that great at it, and maintain it as a minor because I a. still really like it, even if we don't get along all the time, and b. because I need to have a skill that's marketable, and not just a skill that's interesting, and abundant. There are quite a few History Teaching majors out there.

2. I really like the color green. As a result, at least in terms of scenery...
...this was one of my favorite places to live. Seriously, I've seen it look like this picture. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. This is Tennessee, by the way, home to Country Music, which I also love. It's also home to really big bugs...

3. I'm not really a person who gets all wigged out by most things. If I happen to see a bug now and then, I don't really get too ooky inside. Exceptions to this rule are as follows:

Cockroaches. I hate, hate, hate cockroaches. They make me turn all kinds of oozy inside. I saw one at one point, and actually jumped up on a couch while making a little squeak. They really get to me. Also included in this category are earwigs, and these guys. The latter ones can both climb walls like a spider, and jump, like a cricket. This makes them well worth being creeped out over.

4. I'm trying to learn Slovak right now. It's fairly slow going, but I'm making fairly good progress. In a work setting, it's the only language skill that's actually allowed me to really help some customer too.

5. I've moved about 30 times or so in my entire life, within 5 states. I've also lived in all the time zones in the continental USA, although I've never, ever been outside of it. I don't even think I've been out far enough in the ocean to have it count as international waters yet. We once traveled as far as Canandaigua, (pronounced cannon-day-gwa) NY with a youth group, and didn't make it the 60 miles or so to Niagara Falls.

6. I've always liked my hands. I also really like my wedding ring. This makes my left hand particularly appealing.

7. I am somehow married to possibly the most intelligent and still socially competent man who exists in his age group. Tonight I watched him switch between two Slavic languages and now he's doing some complex engineering homework.

8. I often feel really proud of our future children. I'm not only pleased with how adorable they will surely be, but also with how incredibly talented they're bound to turn out. With the genes they're getting, they'll likely all have all the Nobel Prizes in every subject pinned down by grade 6. My friend once said that she was worried I was going to become one of those moms who is absolutely insufferable about how amazing her children are. I don't plan on it happening...but I could see myself being ever so slightly Murray-centric.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks! I really do enjoy when you blog. Especially since, if you don't, I actually have no clue what's going on in your life. And if you're still alive.

    I think you should also do the "How I Met My Spouse" meme...you guys have such a cute story. "Want to go to Homecoming?" "...ok!"

    Also, holy crap. I can't believe you're taking the time to learn Slovak. It seems pretty impossible to me, but then, you did take Russian. (Spasiba?)

    ReplyDelete